Thank you for your willingness to serve in Liberty, Texas!
Rebuild work is continuing in Liberty, Texas, in 2018 in partnership with the First Baptist Church of Liberty and other local leaders.
If you are local to the area and would like to volunteer for the day, please click here:
Out of State Volunteers
Meals will be available on site to feed volunteers staying overnight with us.
- Breakfast: breakfast foods will be available for team members to prepare for themselves
- Lunch: groceries will be available for team members to pack their own bag lunch to carry to the site each day
- Dinner: dinner food will be provided to be prepared either by a dedicated cook team, local community members, or members of the team, depending on the week. This will be communicated to you in advance of your trip.
For volunteers staying overnight and eating with our team at FBC Liberty, we are asking for a donation of $10 per person per day to defray the cost of meals.
- Divided mobile bunk unit space for men and women. Sorry, there are no private rooms for couples.
- Capacity: 16 volunteers (Space is limited, sign up early!)
Youth under 18 are not permitted to use power tools or ladders on worksites. In addition, the following adult/youth ratios are required for your group:
- 16-18 years old: 1-to-6
- 14-16 years old: 1-to-4
- 12-14 years old: 1-to-1 (with parent or other guardian)
- Under 12 is not permitted on a rebuild site
All volunteers agree to work under the structure established by the Baptist General Association of Virginia and Virginia Baptist Disaster Response in partnership with local leaders. This structure includes the following:
- Your team will need to work under the leadership of a capable rebuild leader. If your team does not have a rebuild leader, we will work to match you with an appropriate team leader.
- Depending on the work available and the size of your team, your team may be divided to maximize the work done while you are here.
- You will receive a follow-up email with information and forms to distribute to each team member. Please encourage them to complete the medical form and liability release before they arrive in order to expedite the check-in process.