Fill a flood bucket or hygiene kit and drop it off at a collection site to help a homeowner clean up their home.
This list of supplies will help homeowners who would like to clean up their own home. Using the supplies in the bucket, homeowners will be able to clean up after flooding.
Please visit your local home improvement store to pick up the corresponding items! Then drop them off at one of our collection sites near you.
Here are a few important notes:
- We have supplied Home Depot product numbers, but you can get supplies from any home improvement store!
- If you cannot find the exact item, a similar replacement is sufficient.
- Your local home improvement store may not know about this collection, so invite them to participate! Some stores have added their own buckets, some managers have been able to work out discounts for supplies. See how your local store can help!
The Virginia Baptist Resource Center is a permanent collection site. Drop off flood buckets or hygiene kits during regular business hours at the front desk!
- Virginia Baptist Resource Center, 2828 Emerywood Parkway, Henrico, VA 23294
Weekdays, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Buckets will only be accepted if they contain the items on this list, or a similar substitution. If your local store does not have a particular item, make a note on the bucket and we will refill that item.
Promote In Your Church:
Please note: some promotional content was created for the 2016 West Virginia Flood. Flood Buckets can be collected at any time.
- Bulletin Insert (PDF)
- Bulletin Insert (JPG)
- Worship Slide (JPG)
- Download Flood Bucket How-To Video (3:32, 720p, 32mb)
Watch a video about how to fill the bucket: