Event Phone: 804-915-5000
- SPHERE Training
October 9, 2017 - October 13, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
DUE TO HURRICANE IRMA RESPONSE, THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
This five-day training will present the standards through participatory learning, lecture, and structured exercises & case studies.
The cost of training provides 5 days of training, lunch & dinner (lunch Monday through lunch Friday) and snacks each day, all necessary supplies, and a copy of the SPHERE Handbook. Information about hotel lodging is available below.
The Sphere Standards are international standards for emergency response that seek to provide quality and accountability to humanitarian response. The standards are set out according to the four sets of life-saving activities:
- water, sanitation & hygiene
- food security and nutrition
- shelter and non-food items
- and health action
This workshop will help you understand and apply these international standards. Those who complete the entirety of the training will receive a certificate of that will be internationally recognized. This is not a substitute for Disaster Response training but is a parallel to it. You can learn more about the Sphere Project.
Basic Training Modules:
- Defining Sphere Standards
- The Humanitarian Charter and the Rights-based Approach, Protection principles, and The Core standards
- Minimum Standards in Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion
- Minimum Standards in Food Security and Nutrition
- Minimum Standards in Shelter, Settlement and non-Food Items
- Minimum Standards in Health Action
Lodging & Meals
These hotels are located in the vicinity of the Virginia Baptist Resource Center and offer a discounted BGAV rate for your reservation.
Best Western Executive Hotel
7007 West Broad Street
Henrico VA 23294
Toll Free Reservations (US & Canada Only) – 1(800) 780-7234
Hotel Direct Number – (804) 672-7007
Corporate Code 01628300
County Inn and Suites Richmond West at I-64
8010 West Broad Street
Henrico VA 23294
Reservations: +1 (800) 830-5222 ( US/Canada Toll-free )
Telephone: +1 (804) 755-6605
Venue Phone: 804-545-1212Address: